UKIP Leader Richard Braine on the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement
2019-11-05 22:49:42 UTC
Shocking stuff. If we sign Boris's deal, we would be giving the EU the
legal right to invade us and we could not legally defend ourselves.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
The Style Council - 1988 - Confessions Of A Pop Group
Omega
2019-11-06 08:31:53 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Shocking stuff. If we sign Boris's deal, we would be giving the EU the
legal right to invade us and we could not legally defend ourselves.
http://youtu.be/vHt8GpGTORo
An excellent speaker and easy listening. Someone help me corroborate
with what he is actually saying/meaning.

Have I misunderstood once again?

The agreement on our leaving, as I understand, is to abide by EU rules
only to the end of the transitional period which Boris insists, if there
is a deal this year, will not go on after December 2020? They may even
bring in new laws/rules during the transition and we will also be bound
by them! But once again, surely we are not bound by them, old or new,
*after* the transition?

There seems to be an implication from the speaker, we will be bound by
EU laws forever with Boris' agreement? For example he implies they may
fish British waters after the transition period, is this true!

If this is true we certainly would not have a deal!

After the transitional period, out is surely out?

I would enjoy hearing what the best of our groups have to say on these
events. Someone who knows what the laws are/will be and not what they
think ought.

Thank you

omega