Is Google guilty of anti-Palestinism?
A. Filip
2021-06-03 13:05:37 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57342967
Google diversity head removed over anti-Semitic blog post
; Published 2021-06-03T11:51:21.000Z
Google has removed its head of diversity over a *2007* blog post that
said Jewish people had "an insatiable appetite for war and killing".
In a post about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that resurfaced this
week, Kamau Bobb also claimed Jewish people had an "insensitivity" to
suffering. […]
--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
Peter
2021-06-03 15:52:06 UTC
Post by A. Filip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57342967
Google diversity head removed over anti-Semitic blog post
; Published 2021-06-03T11:51:21.000Z
Google has removed its head of diversity over a *2007* blog post that
said Jewish people had "an insatiable appetite for war and killing".
In a post about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that resurfaced this
week, Kamau Bobb also claimed Jewish people had an "insensitivity" to
suffering. […]
The Jewish people also have a damn good PR department.
--
Just as 'beautiful' points the way for aesthetics and 'good' for ethics,
so do words like 'true' for logic. All sciences have truth as their
heat. Frege in 'Thoughts' (Der Gedanke)
A. Filip
2021-06-03 15:56:17 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by A. Filip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57342967
Google diversity head removed over anti-Semitic blog post
; Published 2021-06-03T11:51:21.000Z
Google has removed its head of diversity over a *2007* blog post that
said Jewish people had "an insatiable appetite for war and killing".
In a post about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that resurfaced this
week, Kamau Bobb also claimed Jewish people had an "insensitivity" to
suffering. […]
The Jewish people also have a damn good PR department.
Punishment after mere 14 years must be "Google speedy" ;-)
Joe
2021-06-03 16:49:41 UTC
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:52:06 +0100
Post by Peter
Post by A. Filip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57342967
Google diversity head removed over anti-Semitic blog post
; Published 2021-06-03T11:51:21.000Z
Google has removed its head of diversity over a *2007* blog post
that said Jewish people had "an insatiable appetite for war and
killing".
In a post about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that resurfaced
this week, Kamau Bobb also claimed Jewish people had an
"insensitivity" to suffering. […]
The Jewish people also have a damn good PR department.
"Any people who have been persecuted for 2,000 years must be doing
something wrong." H. Kissinger

By the way, last time I looked up this quotation, Google found it from
a few words. Today, putting the entire quotation into Google, along
with 'Kissinger', fails to find it. Even putting the entire quotation
within quotation marks only returns some entries in which it can be
found, but the Google entry itself does not display the quotation.

Is Google now officially dead?
2021-06-03 17:05:08 UTC
Post by Joe
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:52:06 +0100
Post by Peter
Post by A. Filip
[...]
the net is crammed with fake 'quotes' attributed to some name

why not verify the alleged quote?
you could then post a verified quote...if it is genuine
Pancho
2021-06-03 17:45:07 UTC
Post by Joe
Is Google now officially dead?
the net is crammed with fake 'quotes' attributed to some name
why not verify the alleged quote?
you could then post a verified quote...if it is genuine
<https://quotes.yourdictionary.com/author/quote/10586>

I get load of hits. Obviously I've the Mel Gibson version of Google.

The thing that always stuns me is this old guy from my childhood is
still alive.
A. Filip
2021-06-03 17:50:17 UTC
Post by Joe
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:52:06 +0100
Post by Peter
Post by A. Filip
[...]
Challenge the source mentioned in wikiquote:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger
Post by abelard
Any people [Jews] who have been persecuted for two thousand years must
be doing something wrong.
As quoted in "Kissinger: A Biography" by Walter Isaacson
abelard
2021-06-03 21:49:49 UTC
Post by A. Filip
Post by abelard
Post by Joe
Post by abelard
Any people [Jews] who have been persecuted for two thousand years must
be doing something wrong.
As quoted in "Kissinger: A Biography" by Walter Isaacson
i don't care :-)
my comment was re the reliability of net quotes
A. Filip
2021-06-03 23:57:15 UTC
[…]
Post by abelard
Post by A. Filip
Post by abelard
Any people [Jews] who have been persecuted for two thousand years must
be doing something wrong.
As quoted in "Kissinger: A Biography" by Walter Isaacson
i don't care :-)
my comment was re the reliability of net quotes
The best quotes are "alleged".
See "But our SOB" :-)
Joe
2021-06-03 19:49:27 UTC
On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 19:05:08 +0200
Post by abelard
Post by Joe
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:52:06 +0100
Post by Peter
Post by A. Filip
[...]
Well, if this genuinely isn't Kissinger's, and Jewish sites think it
is, it's the most famous of his non-quotations.

I've seen much criticism of this and other alleged Kissinger
quotations, but never any allegation that he didn't say it.
Pancho
2021-06-03 20:02:10 UTC
Post by Joe
On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 19:05:08 +0200
Post by abelard
Post by Joe
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:52:06 +0100
Post by Peter
Post by A. Filip
[...]
Of course it isn't his most famous quotation.

This is a man like Milosevic and Blair who promoted massacring countless
civilians in a pointless wars.

An idle aside that has been made countless times before is nothing
compared to the rest of his life.
Incubus
2021-06-04 13:04:44 UTC
Post by Pancho
[...]