The Etonian Erdoğan
Add Reply
Farmer Giles
2019-09-30 07:31:34 UTC
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
On Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 5:32:51 PM UTC+1, My Name is Malcolm
https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/
We’re living in dangerous times. The UK has a government of liars, of
charlatans, of law-breakers, who are totally shameless about their
disregard for the law, for the courts, for parliament, and for anyone
who does not agree with their naked power grab. This is a
government of
posh boy bullies who display their entitlement as a badge of
pride. This
is a government which broke the law and which reacted by using the
language of contempt and disdain, and acted as it were those who had
found them out who were the moral transgressors. Yet perhaps even
worse
than any of that, this is a government which has signalled that it is
quite prepared to break the law again.
We saw Attorney General Geoffrey Cox boorishly boom that it was the
opposition parties who were morally bankrupt even though it was
his own
faulty legal advice that encouraged the Prime Minister to break
the law.
We saw Michael Gove oleaginously slime his way through non-answers to
serious questions about the preparedness of the Government for a
no-deal
Brexit, glibly playing to the Tory backbenches as though the highest
stake was a prize in a students’ debating society and not the fate of
thousands of jobs and livelihoods. But not Michael’s job or
livelihood.
He’ll be just fine, and his lack of concern and care oozed out of
every
pore in his oily persona.
And then we had the main event. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
appeared before Parliament, refusing to admit that he had done
anything
wrong even though the judges in the highest court in the UK had
unanimously ruled that he’d broken the law. He thinks the judges are
wrong, not him. And with that statement we saw his entitlement in the
raw. He believes that he knows the law better than the judges of the
Supreme Court. He believes that their ruling shouldn’t apply to
him. He
believes that the greatest wrongdoing of all is that his
wrongdoing is
called out and checked. How dare anyone seek to hold him to account.
He used words of division, deliberately, calculatedly. His tactic
is to
stir up public anger, to create an artificial atmosphere in the
coming
election of the people against the parliament where the upper middle
class Eton educated cousin of the Queen poses as the champion of the
common man and woman. He destroyed the last vestiges of the
dignity of
his office in his pursuit of a General Election at a time and a
framing
of his choosing. He has unleashed the beast of right wing populist
English nationalism, and now is worshipping at the altar of the
mandate
of the EU referendum, sacrificing democracy, the rule of law, and
tolerance to nourish the flames of the ERG’s hatred. He used the
language of surrender when referring to the bill compelling him to
ask
the EU for an extension, framing his self-inflicted predicament in
terms
of warfare with him as the action hero. Those who oppose him are
enemies
of the people.
Watching him speak, you could see the goddess of democracy shrivel
and
die with every lying self-serving word that he uttered. And those
so-called moderate Tories on the back benches applauded him,
cheered him
on, gave succour and comfort to the death of those British
traditions of
democracy, moderation, and tolerance that they keep telling us
they hold
dear. Authoritarian governments don’t get into power solely on the
strength of fascists and bigots. They do so with the help of those
who
do nothing to stop them because they’re more interested in their own
careers and their own selfish interests. They fancy their chances of
advancement in the authoritarian right wing state that Johnson has in
mind for us all. Even when confronted with clear, undeniable,
unequivocal evidence of this Prime Minister’s authoritarian rule
of law
denying agenda, they say nothing. We’re looking at you, Scottish
Conservatives. We’re recalling your promise to be a strong voice for
Scotland within the UK. Your electoral day of reckoning is coming.
The Prime Minister’s performance was a truly shocking exercise in
arrogance. He boored. He bloviated. He blustered. There was no
hint of
contrition, nothing to suggest that he could even intellectually
grasp
the proposition that he was in the wrong when he prorogued Parliament
unlawfully. Nothing to suggest that he understood that in a
democracy,
the Prime Minister cannot silence those who disgree with him.
Nothing to
suggest that he grasped the concept that as a Prime Minister
without a
majority he has no right to ram anything through a democratically
elected legislature. His speech represented his unassailable and
unshakeable right to rule unchallenged by bothersome MPs who insisted
that they possessed a democratic mandate from their constituents.
Yet he managed to trump even his own trumpian ditch digging.
Labour MP
Paula Sherriff raised her concerns about the death threats that
she has
been receiving, threats which echo some of the language used by the
Prime Minister and his supporters. It’s language of betrayal, of
treason
and traitors, of surrender or victory, and threats that if those MPs
don’t comply then they will be dealt with violently. And this Prime
Minister dismissed those fears as humbug, even though a woman MP was
shot and killed by a right wing extremist who used the style of
language
that the Prime Minister so cynically deploys. He even suggested
that the
only way for MPs to be safe was for them to ensure that Brexit goes
ahead. Think about that for a second. We have a Prime Minister who
really believes that the physical safety of MPs should be conditional
upon how they vote.
The language of Brexit harks back to the days of Empire. It’s
language
of conquest, of victory, of colonialism, of masters and slaves.
There is
no room for democratic debate with Brextremists, just as there is no
room for democratic debate between a colonial power and the people it
has colonised and exploited. They cast Europe as a coloniser,
because in
a world view with no shades of grey there can only be villains and
saints. If the England of their imaginations cannot be at the
pinnacle
of power, then it must be enslaved and colonised. When you accept
that
view, then any action becomes justifiable in order to remove the
source
of the perceived injustice.
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson deliberately panders to that
infantile reactionary English nationalism. He nurtures it. He
seeks to
enrage. He wants to inflame. He knows that under the skewed and
flawed
system of Westminster elections he only needs to secure the
support of a
third of the electorate who bother to vote in order to win a
majority in
the Commons. That’s why he wants an election and not another
referendum,
because he only needs the support of one third in order to pursue the
no-deal Brexit that his backers crave, not the support of more than
half. And in pursuit of that goal he will lie, he will cheat, he will
connive, he will dissemble. God knows what he’ll do if he does win a
majority in the Commons.
It is incumbent upon any serious and responsible politician to weigh
their words with care, to reflect upon how those who do not
necessarily
support them might perceive what they say. It is their duty as public
servants to reach out and to heal the divisions that their campaigns
might have created. We’re not going to get that from this Prime
Minister. He is neither serious nor responsible. Alexander Boris de
Pfeffel Johnson thinks that being Prime Minister means never
having to
say that you are sorry. Because he’s not sorry. He’s interested in
one
thing and one thing only, the pursuit and maintenance of his own
power,
and he doesn’t care who gets hurt, who gets trampled on, or who
suffers
in the process.
The ultimate loser will be British democracy. Back in 2014 anyone who
tried to argue that Scottish independence was necessary in order to
protect and defend democracy itself would have been laughed at.
Now the
defence of democracy has become the most important and pressing
reason
for independence. Democracy is endangered in the UK. Look at
Bolsonaro’s
Brazil, look at Erdoğan’s Turkey, look at Viktor Orbán’s Hungary.
Wrap
that in a union flag and you can see a future that’s coming here
all too
soon. Yesterday in the Commons, the Etonian Erdoğan announced its
arrival. We’re living in dangerous times.
Revoke devolution NOW! RH
Little Englanders are now the laughing stock worldwide :-)
Direct rule from Westminster for ever more... RH
EVERY post i make he comes running like a wee puppy needing a clap.
  Here Doggy Doggy ....go fetch the ball now
Sit up and beg now like a good little puppy.
Just can't resist seeing what his betters are posting.
We need to close down the EBC in Scotland and then all the little
Englanders can talk to themselves.
Would that be the 'EBC' that is overstuffed with Scots?
m***@gmail.com
2019-09-30 08:51:39 UTC
The Battle for Brexit is being lost on the playing fields of Eton....as Muggsy and BonZo slouch around all day. The Eton stablishment have a lot to answer for.
Alan Smaill
2019-09-30 17:21:47 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
Wot, more muck-raking mickey-taking from the Varmer?
[..]
Post by Farmer Giles
We need to close down the EBC in Scotland and then all the little
Englanders can talk to themselves.
Would that be the 'EBC' that is overstuffed with Scots?
That would be the BBC that is currently like pretty much every medium
in the UK currently overflowing with Brexit news.

Do you approve the BBC's decision to set up a new Scottish TV channel
(running since Feb this year)?

The BBC under influence of the Scottish Mafia, perhaps?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Scotland_(TV_channel)
Post by Farmer Giles
A feature of the channel would be an hour-long 9:00 p.m. weeknight
newscast produced from Scotland, covering national and international
headlines from a Scottish perspective. The proposed newscast was
compared to the frequent proposals for a Scotland opt-out of the BBC
News at Six.
Alan Smaill
Farmer Giles
2019-09-30 17:51:07 UTC
Post by Alan Smaill
Post by Farmer Giles
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
Wot, more muck-raking mickey-taking from the Varmer?
It just irritates your man, that enough justification.
Post by Alan Smaill
[..]
Post by Farmer Giles
We need to close down the EBC in Scotland and then all the little
Englanders can talk to themselves.
Would that be the 'EBC' that is overstuffed with Scots?
That would be the BBC that is currently like pretty much every medium
in the UK currently overflowing with Brexit news.
Probably, and most of it doing its best to deny the wishes of the
majority of those who pay for it - nothing new there of course.
Post by Alan Smaill
Do you approve the BBC's decision to set up a new Scottish TV channel
(running since Feb this year)?
The BBC under influence of the Scottish Mafia, perhaps?
No, actually very much under the influence of those with an agenda to
create as much division as possible. Promoting Jocks and Jockism is just
part of the process.
Post by Farmer Giles
A feature of the channel would be an hour-long 9:00 p.m. weeknight
newscast produced from Scotland, covering national and international
headlines from a Scottish perspective. The proposed newscast was
compared to the frequent proposals for a Scotland opt-out of the BBC
News at Six.
Yes, of course, much like a lot of the stuff we get down here - minus
Jimmy Shand and the Gay Gordons.
Alan Smaill
2019-10-01 12:34:04 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Alan Smaill
Wot, more muck-raking mickey-taking from the Varmer?
It just irritates your man, that enough justification.
You make my point.
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Alan Smaill
[..]
Post by Farmer Giles
We need to close down the EBC in Scotland and then all the little
Englanders can talk to themselves.
Would that be the 'EBC' that is overstuffed with Scots?
That would be the BBC that is currently like pretty much every medium
in the UK currently overflowing with Brexit news.
Probably, and most of it doing its best to deny the wishes of the
majority of those who pay for it - nothing new there of course.
So it's the BBC you have a problem with, as well as the Scots?
Post by Alan Smaill
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
you are adding fuel to the divisive bonfire.

Let friendship and honour unite,
And flourish on both sides the Tweed.

-- as a poet once said.
Alan Smaill
Farmer Giles
You may have a point, Alan, but the division didn't start down here.
Custos Custodum
2019-10-01 14:30:09 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
Switch "English" and "Scots" around and you have a description of
quite a few u.p.m. posters, yourself included.
My Name is Malcolm
Oh dear,is piggy the Scot and jew hater still whining on the newsgroups?
Farmer Giles
2019-10-01 15:06:23 UTC
Post by Custos Custodum
Post by Farmer Giles
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
Switch "English" and "Scots" around and you have a description of
quite a few u.p.m. posters, yourself included.
Hating the English is a centuries-old Scottish tradition, some of us are
now just responding in kind.
Custos Custodum
2019-10-03 15:40:14 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Custos Custodum
Post by Farmer Giles
(Crossposted so everyone can see what an evil bunch of English-haters
some of these Scots are).
Switch "English" and "Scots" around and you have a description of
quite a few u.p.m. posters, yourself included.
Hating the English is a centuries-old Scottish tradition,
In some hot-headed quarters, it must be admitted. However, that
particular door swings both ways.
Post by Farmer Giles
some of us are
now just responding in kind.
Maybe you should try to rise above it. Stiff upper lip and all that,
what?
Farmer Giles
2019-10-03 17:20:13 UTC
Post by Custos Custodum
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
some of us are
now just responding in kind.
Maybe you should try to rise above it. Stiff upper lip and all that,
what?
We have done for a very long time. In that vein, perhaps once in a while
you could try admonishing your compatriot here for his incessant
anti-English posts - but curiously you never do.
Farmer Giles
2019-10-08 08:39:32 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Custos Custodum
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
some of us are
now just responding in kind.
Maybe you should try to rise above it. Stiff upper lip and all that,
what?
We have done for a very long time.
And yet here you are with your racist chum, like the proverbial bad
pennies. What exactly is it that you hope to achjeve by your presence
here?
Post by Farmer Giles
In that vein, perhaps once in a while
you could try admonishing your compatriot here for his incessant
anti-English posts - but curiously you never do.
Why should I? As you say, he is my compatriot; nothing more. I am not
my brother's keeper and I neither condone nor condemn what he posts
here. Contrast that with your mutual sphincter licking sessions with
Henderson.
Oh, puullleeease, stop being silly.
Custos Custodum
I call it as I see it.
Moomin
2019-10-28 13:46:57 UTC
Post by Custos Custodum
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Custos Custodum
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
In that vein, perhaps once in a while you could try admonishing your
compatriot here for his incessant anti-English posts - but curiously
you never do.
Why should I? As you say, he is my compatriot; nothing more. I am not
my brother's keeper and I neither condone nor condemn what he posts
here. Contrast that with your mutual sphincter licking sessions with
Henderson.
Oh, puullleeease, stop being silly.
I call it as I see it.
Independence soon.

RH156RH
2019-10-01 15:36:21 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
As with life in general, the Scotch are subsidised when it comes to the BBC. The Scotch get virtually the full range of BBC programmes, programmes which are of course overwhelmingly funded by the English licence payer... RH