Here's a stocking-filler for you
2019-11-29 17:01:25 UTC
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html

Why hasn't she been given a Nobel Peace Prize already?

The comments are good.

"Its been selling so fast they have had to cut a forest down to make the
paper for print."

"I have just bought ten copies as Christmas presents for people I don't
like."
Basil Jet
2019-11-29 17:17:21 UTC
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
Why hasn't she been given a Nobel Peace Prize already?
She organised school strikes. Malala got a Nobel prize for saying girls
who can't go to school should be allowed, and Greta will get one for
saying that girls who are allowed to go to school should stay home.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Oh Sees - 2017 - Dead Medic
m***@btopenworld.com
2019-11-30 10:44:58 UTC
I wonder why these school protests never seem to take place on a Saturday or on any day when schools are on holiday?
Keema's Nan
They never seem to take place when the weather is bad, neither.
MM
2019-11-30 16:52:40 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
She organised school strikes. Malala got a Nobel prize for saying girls
who can't go to school should be allowed, and Greta will get one for
saying that girls who are allowed to go to school should stay home.
I wonder why these school protests never seem to take place on a Saturday or on any day when schools are on holiday?
Because it would hardly be a protest then, would it! Like holding a
rail strike from midnight to 5:00 a.m.

MM
Col
2019-12-01 05:57:22 UTC
Post by MM
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Post by Basil Jet
She organised school strikes. Malala got a Nobel prize for saying girls
who can't go to school should be allowed, and Greta will get one for
saying that girls who are allowed to go to school should stay home.
I wonder why these school protests never seem to take place on a Saturday or on any day when schools are on holiday?
Because it would hardly be a protest then, would it! Like holding a
rail strike from midnight to 5:00 a.m.
Of course it would be a protest, if what you are protesting about is
climate change.
If however you just want an excuse to bunk off school....
Col
MM
2019-11-30 16:50:58 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Incubus
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
Why hasn't she been given a Nobel Peace Prize already?
She organised school strikes. Malala got a Nobel prize for saying girls
who can't go to school should be allowed, and Greta will get one for
saying that girls who are allowed to go to school should stay home.
Incubus is just miffed that she'll never be his girlfriend.

MM
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-11-29 17:35:28 UTC
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
Why hasn't she been given a Nobel Peace Prize already?
The comments are good.
"Its been selling so fast they have had to cut a forest down to make the
paper for print."
"I have just bought ten copies as Christmas presents for people I don't
like."
I wonder if Christmas lights are to be banned soon? My nieces are as
flaky as anyone; but let no-one come between them and their wet-wipes or
Christmas lights :-)
Col
2019-12-01 06:15:18 UTC
   "Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published
collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
Why hasn't she been given a Nobel Peace Prize already?
The comments are good.
   "Its been selling so fast they have had to cut a forest down to
make the
paper for print."
   "I have just bought ten copies as Christmas presents for people I
don't
like."
I wonder if Christmas lights are to be banned soon?  My nieces are as
flaky as anyone; but let no-one come between them and their wet-wipes or
Christmas lights :-)
They were on about advent calendars the other day and how they were full
of non-recyclable plastic and we should stop buying them. And then there
was the guy who (in all seriousness) suggested we wrap our Christmas
presents in old newspaper instead of wrapping paper.

I don't deny there is a big problem but it's like everything that's fun
& enjoyable is being scrutinised to the nth degree and rejected as being
non-environmentally friendly.

Well Greta Thunberg can wrap her biodegradable Christmas presents in old
copies of the Swedish Guardian if she wants, I will wrap mine in
traditional paper - with added glitter!
Col
abelard
2019-12-01 10:45:55 UTC
Post by Col
[...]
it was not traditional in 1089
Col
Col
abelard
2019-11-29 17:41:42 UTC
On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 17:01:25 -0000 (UTC), Incubus
Post by Incubus
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
and a happy christmas to you too
2019-11-29 18:04:41 UTC
Post by Incubus
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
and a happy christmas to you too
https://shop.r10s.jp/beautyshow/cabinet/shouhin04/imgrc0157935867.jpg
Dear me!

Was that SFW?
Incubus
As long as you don't work with modern Feminists.
abelard
2019-11-29 21:01:05 UTC
Post by Incubus
"Greta Thunberg is named author of the year for her published collection of
speeches"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7737143/Greta-Thunberg-named-author-year-published-collection-speeches.html
and a happy christmas to you too
https://shop.r10s.jp/beautyshow/cabinet/shouhin04/imgrc0157935867.jpg