48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-08 21:29:34 UTC
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years

The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42
years, a new search says.

dailystar.co.uk
April 7, 2018

Continues at:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/694368/flu-winter-death-cold-fatalities

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
abelard
2018-04-08 21:34:27 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42
years, a new search says.
and the population is increasing and aging
2018-04-08 23:33:35 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42 years, a new
search says.
Listen up, Warmers: I wouldn't cast aside that greatcoat just yet:

JNugent
2018-04-09 00:24:03 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42
years, a new search says.
and the population is increasing and aging
There are something in excess of 500,000 deaths annually in the UK.

That's more than 125,000 per quarter. Winter is a quarter.

My bet is that more people die in winter than in summer, so you'd expect
more than 125,000 to have died in winter 2016/2017.

If, instead of the expected 125,000+, only 48,000 died, someone has to
have been doing something right.
Mr. B1ack
2018-04-09 02:11:35 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42
years, a new search says.
and the population is increasing and aging
48,000 isn't THAT many, given the population. Most
would have died anyway, likely only 10% had anything
to do with the weather.

The ageing of the population IS an issue though - as
it is in a number of countries, Japan most acutely.

Every economic paradigm I've heard of relies on
continual "growth" - including the number of young
workers. Clearly, long term, this is not a viable
plan ... the world is too crowded and resource-
hungry as is.

We desperately need a novel economic paradigm
that does NOT rely on continual "growth", but can
do just fine with a relatively low percentage of new
young workers and relatively low profit figures on
the national output. If it's possible, likely the Japanese
will be the ones who invent and refine it out of pure
desperation. To a POINT advanced robotics can
fill in for the young workers, but the value-added
work they do HAS to be distrubuted like the money
human workers would have earned.

The empires of old relied on territorial growth to
flourish. Unfortunately that's a fatal trap. Conquer
territory and you get the cherry resources right
away ... but AFTER that you get far lesser returns
PLUS an angry population to manage/control, and
soon you're in the red. Solution, conquer more ...
but then the pattern just repeats, even worse.
Eventually there's nothing worth conquering anymore,
no fresh gold to pay for yesterdays war, you sink into
the red and the barbarians are pounding on the
gates and ..........
Vidcapper
2018-04-09 07:08:11 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42
years, a new search says.
The worst winter death *toll* does not mean it was the worst winter for
42 years - the winter of 2010 was colder, for example.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
johnny-knowall
2018-04-09 08:02:07 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
48,000 Brits dead after worst winter in 42 years
The UK is being hit by its worst winter death toll in 42
years, a new search says.
The worst winter death *toll* does not mean it was the worst winter for
42 years - the winter of 2010 was colder, for example.
That’s a relief, because I was trying to think back 42 years, and I don’t
remember the winter of 75/76 being particularly bad.