First conviction under Belgium's new "sexism" law
2018-03-10 20:54:33 UTC
Would someone get busted for singing "Lovely Rita, meter maid"?

http://www.newsweek.com/belgium-charges-first-offender-under-its-anti-sexism-law-833371

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/jaywalker-fined-for-sexism-in-a-public-space-1.3417164

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/06/man-becomes-first-person-convicted-under-belgian-sexism-law
saracene

saracene
2018-03-10 23:36:01 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by Byker
Would someone get busted for singing "Lovely Rita, meter maid"?
http://www.newsweek.com/belgium-charges-first-offender-under-its-anti-sexism-law-833371
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/jaywalker-fined-for-sexism-in-a-public-space-1.3417164
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/06/man-becomes-first-person-convicted-under-belgian-sexism-law
http://youtu.be/VS5ah4r3MvA
I know anoother verse.

A rich girl wears a ring of gold
A poor girl one of brass
But the only ring that Dinah's got
Is the ring around her arse.
Vidcapper
2018-03-11 07:36:41 UTC
Would someone get busted for singing "Lovely Rita, meter maid"?
http://www.newsweek.com/belgium-charges-first-offender-under-its-anti-sexism-law-833371
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/jaywalker-fined-for-sexism-in-a-public-space-1.3417164
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/06/man-becomes-first-person-convicted-under-belgian-sexism-law
Is it too cynical of me to speculate on the race of the man convicted?
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Basil Jet
Islam is not a race.
saracene
2018-03-11 18:16:46 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Byker
Would someone get busted for singing "Lovely Rita, meter maid"?
http://www.newsweek.com/belgium-charges-first-offender-under-its-anti-sexism-law-833371
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/jaywalker-fined-for-sexism-in-a-public-space-1.3417164
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/06/man-becomes-first-person-convicted-under-belgian-sexism-law
Is it too cynical of me to speculate on the race of the man convicted?
--
"The man was arrested in 2016 and convicted in November, though details have only now been reported by media.

The law has come under criticism in Belgium as there is no equivalent law against racism, however it is a crime to incite racial hatred."
saracene
A lot of antisexism stuff is indeed to do with race. For most white women it’s much worse having a greasy Arab coming onto them than one of their brother’s friends.
saracene
2018-03-11 09:40:39 UTC
Would someone get busted for singing "Lovely Rita, meter maid"?
http://www.newsweek.com/belgium-charges-first-offender-under-its-anti-sexism-law-833371
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/jaywalker-fined-for-sexism-in-a-public-space-1.3417164
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/06/man-becomes-first-person-convicted-under-belgian-sexism-law
It prbably wouldn;t have counted as jaywalking here. the law in Belgium shows a Germanic attitude to ze rules.

Insulting a sow is one thing, However "being a police officer is not a job for women,” is an opinion. Punishing someone for saying that is to punish them for expressing dissent from the offical doctrine. 400 years ago that was the sort of thing that could have landed you in the prisons of the Inquistion. " considers a person inferior based on sex". That is an opinion too. There was a long battle for relgious freedom, fought primarily in Protestant contries. All over the west we are reverting to a new dogmatism,