PMs marital status
Add Reply
Peter
2021-05-30 14:44:02 UTC
Who was the last PM to divorce and remarry while in office?
--
Just as 'beautiful' points the way for aesthetics and 'good' for ethics,
so do words like 'true' for logic. All sciences have truth as their
heat. Frege in 'Thoughts' (Der Gedanke)
JNugent
2021-05-30 15:13:19 UTC
Post by Peter
Who was the last PM to divorce and remarry while in office?
Prime Minister of the UK?

Has it ever happened before at all?

Like Maggie before him, Boris doesn't live his life or perform his
duties fully according to precedent.
Peter
2021-05-31 15:40:49 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Peter
Who was the last PM to divorce and remarry while in office?
Prime Minister of the UK?
Yes.
Post by JNugent
Has it ever happened before at all?
I was wondering.
Pancho
2021-05-31 15:47:27 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by JNugent
Like Maggie before him, Boris doesn't live his life or perform his
duties fully according to precedent.
Google = prime minister divorced

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_FitzRoy,_3rd_Duke_of_Grafton>

Incumbent. Carrie Johnson
The Duke of Grafton (1768–1770) and Boris Johnson (2019–present) are the
only prime ministers to have divorced and remarried while in office.
Peter
2021-05-31 16:11:12 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by JNugent
Like Maggie before him, Boris doesn't live his life or perform his
duties fully according to precedent.
Google = prime minister divorced
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_FitzRoy,_3rd_Duke_of_Grafton>
Thank you. That's an interesting article. I don't think I'd previously
heard of him.
JNugent
Did the Duke divorce by way of a private Bill in Parliament?
Pancho
2021-06-01 08:02:18 UTC
Post by Pancho
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_FitzRoy,_3rd_Duke_of_Grafton>
Thank you.  That's an interesting article.  I don't think I'd previously
heard of him.
I especially liked that he was spotted shagging his bit on the side at
the opera.

abelard
2021-05-30 15:25:11 UTC
Post by Peter
Who was the last PM to divorce and remarry while in office?
not married according to the rules of rome
Post by Peter
Just as 'beautiful' points the way for aesthetics and 'good' for ethics,
so do words like 'true' for logic. All sciences have truth as their
logic has much the same relation to truth as physics has to weight or
heat. Frege in 'Thoughts' (Der Gedanke)
hitler supporter and crap logic as i told you before

logic as taught is not empiric...physics is
Pancho
2021-05-31 07:19:15 UTC
Post by Peter
Just as 'beautiful' points the way for aesthetics and 'good' for ethics,
so do words like 'true' for logic. All sciences have truth as their
logic has much the same relation to truth as physics has to weight or
heat. Frege in 'Thoughts' (Der Gedanke)
hitler supporter and crap logic as i told you before
Frege was a logician not a politician, he was not political in his
lifetime. He died in 1925, in the same month that the first volume of
Mien Kampf was published. A warm personality was not his strong point,
but that isn't what defines him as an interesting historical figure.

All I can see is that he wrote some "now politically incorrect" things
in a private diary.

When God was handing out stick end detectors he gave you the astonishing
ability to always grasp the wrong end.
Post by abelard
logic as taught is not empiric...physics is
You say that like it means something? AIUI, the idea of pure logic died
with Godel. On the other hand, practical logic is alive and well in
computer science.
abelard
2021-05-31 08:25:21 UTC
On Mon, 31 May 2021 08:19:15 +0100, Pancho
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
logic as taught is not empiric...physics is
You say that like it means something? AIUI, the idea of pure logic died
with Godel. On the other hand, practical logic is alive and well in
computer science.
you express points of view yet you present them as 'facts'

belief in witches is also 'alive and well' as maybe belief
in 'sticks'
Pancho
2021-05-31 10:45:41 UTC
you express points of view yet you present them as 'facts'
Is that a fact?

But seriously this is usenet, right? I thought that is what it was for.
abelard
2021-05-31 11:02:53 UTC
On Mon, 31 May 2021 11:45:41 +0100, Pancho
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
you express points of view yet you present them as 'facts'
Is that a fact?
But seriously this is usenet, right? I thought that is what it was for.
i'm easy