Mitt Romney...
Mark Devon
2020-02-05 22:15:17 UTC
..the only Republican willing to put justice before party. What an appallingly and pathetic party the Republicans are. Every single one of them has Impeachment Trump as their despicable leader, and they all backed him.
Mitt Romney: a man among cowards
2020-02-06 01:56:43 UTC
Says more about the American people than it does about Trump. Something . . . likely many things . . . have dumbed-down the American population to the extent that nearly 40% of them would vote for an liar, a thief, and an amoral incompetent to lead their country. That's what they call 'a country in decline'.
Basil Jet
2020-02-06 02:19:31 UTC
Post by Mitt Romney: a man among cowards
Something . . . likely many things . . . have dumbed-down the American population to the extent that nearly 40% of them would vote for an liar, a thief, and an amoral incompetent to lead their country.
... mostly because she had strong media support.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Steve Mason - 2019 - Coup D'État EP
Vidcapper
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Mark, Devon
2020-02-06 05:53:12 UTC
Trump talks like a spoilt nine year old.....a complete embarrassment to the US.
Roger
2020-02-07 09:35:54 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Says more about the American people than it does about Trump. Something . . . likely many things . . . have dumbed-down the American population to the extent that nearly 40% of them would vote for an liar, a thief, and an amoral incompetent to lead their country. That's what they call 'a country in decline'.>>
Trump talks like a spoilt nine year old.....a complete embarrassment to the US.
But he is also ineffective; he has not built his wall, he has had limited impact on immigrants, and even 'obamacare' is resisting.

The upshot of this is that people do not see Trump as threat or a danger; and as long as the Democracts don't have a good candidate then swing voters may well choose him as the 'least worse' option.

I remember a political commentator once noting that electoral promises don't swing voters as much as fear as what a particular candidate might do ;-)

And looking back at a lot of electoral campaigns (USA,UK and Italy),there seems to be a lot of truth in that.
m***@btopenworld.com
2020-02-06 09:16:50 UTC
Post by Mark Devon
..the only Republican willing to put justice before party. What an appallingly and pathetic party the Republicans are. Every single one of them has Impeachment Trump as their despicable leader, and they all backed him.
Just as the Democratic Party did for Clinton all those years ago.

In addition Romney is defending a slender Republican majority in the forthcoming elections.

It would be like getting Corbyn to prosecute Johnson when an election is pending.

Why do you have such difficulty in differentiating between political and judicial processes?

Trump will probably go on to win the election and become a two term President because Americans do tend to have a aversion against changin presidents mid term.

Aren't you pleased to live in country where the judicial and the political processes are kept completely separate?
Mark Devon
2020-02-06 14:25:43 UTC
((Just as the Democratic Party did for Clinton all those years ago.))

Undisputed. But do you think that, in terms of the US and its constitution, what Trump obviously did and what Clinton obviously did, are in the least comparable?

((Why do you have such difficulty in differentiating between political and judicial processes?))

I don't.

((Trump will probably go on to win the election and become a two term President because Americans do tend to have a aversion against changin presidents mid term.))

Undisputed.

((Aren't you pleased to live in country where the judicial and the political processes are kept completely separated))

Yes. Why do you think otherwise?
JNugent
2020-02-06 15:14:05 UTC
Post by Mark Devon
((Just as the Democratic Party did for Clinton all those years ago.))
Undisputed. But do you think that, in terms of the US and its constitution, what Trump obviously did and what Clinton obviously did, are in the least comparable?
We know what Clinton did. He was guilty of it and was saved by a
political vote. TBH, it never seemed all that bad to me. It happens all
over the world, every day. It's apparently only really wrong if a Jewish
Hollywood movie mogul does it.

The current President, OTOH, has done nothing wrong. His accusers have
simply been spoiling for a fight (Scargill-style) ever since January
2017. They picked the fight and they predictably lost it.
Post by Mark Devon
((Why do you have such difficulty in differentiating between political and judicial processes?))
I don't.
So you know and agree that this was not a judicial process and was a
purely political stunt performed by the 2016 losers.

A costly stunt, though, and carried out at the expense of the American
taxpayer.
Post by Mark Devon
((Trump will probably go on to win the election and become a two term President because Americans do tend to have a aversion against changin presidents mid term.))
Undisputed.
((Aren't you pleased to live in country where the judicial and the political processes are kept completely separated))
Yes. Why do you think otherwise?
So you would not support the Opposition in Parliament being able to do
what the Democrats did?

Thank heavens for that.
Mark, Devon
2020-02-06 21:02:30 UTC
The current President, OTOH, has done nothing wrong/>>
Sure.
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-02-06 12:23:49 UTC
Pierre Delecto :-)
Pamela
Not forgetting Donald Trump's "John Baron". :)
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-02-06 16:59:41 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
..the only Republican willing to put justice before party. What an
appallingly and pathetic party the Republicans are. Every single one of
them has Impeachment Trump as their despicable leader, and they all
backed him.
Pierre Delecto :-)
Not forgetting Donald Trump's "John Baron". :)
I was wondering (not really) if Mark Devon was, in fact, Mitt Romney in
disguise, since I had a suspicion that he was replying to himself
earlier. :-)

I didn't know about the John Baron thing. I'll have to read up on it -
it's probably very, er, 'amusing'. I'm not a twitter user, so I miss
all kinds of 'interesting' things. :-)
Pamela
2020-02-06 17:15:37 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
..the only Republican willing to put justice before party. What an
appallingly and pathetic party the Republicans are. Every single one of
them has Impeachment Trump as their despicable leader, and they all
backed him.
Pierre Delecto :-)
Not forgetting Donald Trump's "John Baron". :)
I was wondering (not really) if Mark Devon was, in fact, Mitt Romney in
disguise, since I had a suspicion that he was replying to himself
earlier. :-)
I didn't know about the John Baron thing. I'll have to read up on it -
it's probably very, er, 'amusing'. I'm not a twitter user, so I miss
all kinds of 'interesting' things. :-)
basically, when Donald Trump was a property developer he used to ring up
newspapers and magazines as "John Barron". He would claim he knew Trump and
would suggest the newspaper write what an amazingly fantastic guy that Trump
bloke was.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonyms_of_Donald_Trump

Trump's narcissism knows no bounds!
Keema's Nan
2020-02-06 17:31:27 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
[...]
And he sticks his nose in the air when he thinks he has said something
important.
Pamela
2020-02-06 17:57:13 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
[...]
Trump moved his press briefings away from the White House briefing room
and onto the lawn, usually in front of a noisy helicopter, to allow him to
pull away or feign deafness when questioning gets tough.
Basil Jet
2020-02-06 17:32:35 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
[...]
It worked though.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Jon Hassell - 1990 - City.. Works Of Fiction (promo version disc 1..
Original Fictions)
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-02-06 18:07:29 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
[...]
In the privacy of the voting booth, personality seems less important
than it otherwise might. :-)
Dan S. MacAbre
I posted a link to that at 17:04 :-)
Pamela
Yes, I saw it after I posted. :)
Mark, Devon
2020-02-06 20:52:44 UTC
As if I'd be someone in disguise! As for talking to myself, well I rather like my own company. Which is handy, 'cos most others don't :-) I don't know why.
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-02-06 21:03:24 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I was wondering (not really) if Mark Devon was, in fact, Mitt Romney in
disguise, since I had a suspicion that he was replying to himself
earlier. :-)>>
As if I'd be someone in disguise! As for talking to myself, well I rather like my own company. Which is handy, 'cos most others don't :-) I don't know why.
I think it's very sensible to like one's own company. Other people's
opinions are nearly always interesting, but I think it's a mistake to
care too much about them.
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-02-06 17:04:21 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Mark Devon
..the only Republican willing to put justice before party. What an
appallingly and pathetic party the Republicans are. Every single one of
them has Impeachment Trump as their despicable leader, and they all
backed him.
Pierre Delecto :-)
Not forgetting Donald Trump's "John Baron". :)
Wow, there's a whole raft of them. Something for me to read tomorrow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonyms_of_Donald_Trump