BoJo’s Commons performance last night
Stephen Cole
2019-09-26 05:05:16 UTC
Well, that was quite the spectacle. Whilst I didn’t expect any humility or
contrition from Johnson, I was genuinely shocked at the level of bombast
and bluster he rolled out, particularly later in the debate as he responded
to backbenchers.

First of all, his opening tantrum came across terribly, particularly so
when immediately compared to Corbyn’s response, which was very much “the
adult in the room” in style. Boris was clearly putting on a show but hasn’t
the gravitas to pull off the grandstanding; he just looks like a toff at
the debating society, which is unlikely to pick up many working class
“heartlands” votes.

Most upsetting, though, was the later stages. Deeply troubling though it
was to see the Prime Minister goading Labour backbenchers with the
assassination of Jo Cox, it was the clear relish with which he was setting
about on a pre-decided path to whip-up a fervour against Parliament in
order to carry a foul and toxic momentum into a “People vs The
Establishment” General Election. This is the stuff of fascists and tyrants,
and will end badly. Or at least it would if Johnson and his acolytes had
the gumption and talents that they believe they do. Fortunately, the last
few weeks have proved how deeply inadequate these people actually are but
the steps they are taking still carry the potential to set off trouble.
These are interesting times.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
m***@gmail.com
Good post. Basically Boris is a spoiled kid, now not getting his own way. And a lazy kid to boot. No longer do we hear that the buck stops with Boris....instead it's everyone else's fault.
4mat
2019-09-26 05:22:34 UTC
wasn't the person who shot jo cox,
a fervent 'brexiter' .. i can't figure out why boris johnson
would say that -- jo cox campaigned, was campaigning strongly,
for remain

so ....
boris johnson ..

it's the far right isn't it

thats his base

does he ever think at all .. does he pay attention to anything
that was 'off the cuff wasn't it'

bout one off the only 'onside' LBC djs, late last night, between
the irritating adverts, just about got it .. was trying to figure out
why boris johnson had stated, in response to an lbc djs question, during
the day, a complete falsehood, in what lady hale said

dj said "has he even read the judgement" .. but boris johnson stated twice
that ws the case, it was completely false, he breezes over things, he
distracts with 'eloquent' idiocy

he doesn't do any work -- he's a lazy, fat piece of shit, relying
constantly on his 'verbal flourishes' and the 35.2 watt club base he has,
the idiots in the uk -- express readers who are 'impressed by the
'genius'" of both him and 'rees mogg' .. as the express keeps telling us
"genius" .... they state nothing .. for rees mogg to state that this was
a "constituational coup" .. what an idiot .. it was the supreme court,
all 11 judges.

MSM, led by the daily telegraph is fully on the side of boris johnson,
guardian, with it's indiduous leaders, is fully on the side of this
criminal -- for the telegraph etc. to follow. Course they are fully
extorting now as the 'newspaper of justice/jouranlism' .. 'donate', they
say 'protect your rights' ... they have been wrecking corbyn (phase 8),
for days since the conference, in a baseless way

lady hale stated quite straightly that borises reason for suspension was
a complete falsehood, a lie. "it needs 3 days to organise a queens
speech" 3-6 was it, she said. Not a complete suspension, now, for one
reason only. Boris johnson and his thugs are liars. How do they think
they are going to win an election based on this. answer: it's the
formula, the outrage -- seize power, in the name of "democracy" .. all
they state, again and again, is that brexit, is "the will of the people".
He states again and again that "people want to leave" ...

supported totally, by the false MSM, it being 'north korea lite' -- state
media lockdown. All journalists in the UK are liars, -- they do not have
jobs, unless they are willing to lie for the government. State the
government line, or your are jobless -- fact. The guardian is
facilitating this dicator.
Rod Speed
2019-09-26 06:19:54 UTC
wasn't the person who shot jo cox, a fervent 'brexiter' ..
Nope, just a rabid loony.
Roger Hayter
2019-09-26 08:04:17 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
wasn't the person who shot jo cox, a fervent 'brexiter' ..
Nope, just a rabid loony.
I don't normally reply to professional trolls but this should not stand
unchallenged. The killer was a member of a small cell of far right
activists who planned an atrocity, including attacking an MP,
deliberately to further their cause. The other members of the cell have
mainly been charged with being members of an illegal organisation, as
there was said to be insufficient evidence that they helped plan this
specifici murder to charge them in the Jo Cox case. But they had all
planned terrorism. The murder was unrelated to any mental illness.
Roger Hayter
Incubus
2019-09-26 09:39:21 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Rod Speed
wasn't the person who shot jo cox, a fervent 'brexiter' ..
Nope, just a rabid loony.
I don't normally reply to professional trolls but this should not stand
unchallenged. The killer was a member of a small cell of far right
activists who planned an atrocity, including attacking an MP,
deliberately to further their cause. The other members of the cell have
mainly been charged with being members of an illegal organisation, as
there was said to be insufficient evidence that they helped plan this
specifici murder to charge them in the Jo Cox case. But they had all
planned terrorism. The murder was unrelated to any mental illness.
I don't think this is correct. He was a lone nutter. Nothing to do with
National Action, who were convicted of planning such an atrocity (planning
meaning talking shit to one another which was prosecuted for political gain).
Ian Jackson
2019-09-26 15:15:15 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Rod Speed
wasn't the person who shot jo cox, a fervent 'brexiter' ..
Nope, just a rabid loony.
I don't normally reply to professional trolls but this should not stand
unchallenged. The killer was a member of a small cell of far right
activists who planned an atrocity, including attacking an MP,
deliberately to further their cause. The other members of the cell have
mainly been charged with being members of an illegal organisation, as
there was said to be insufficient evidence that they helped plan this
specifici murder to charge them in the Jo Cox case. But they had all
planned terrorism. The murder was unrelated to any mental illness.
I don't think this is correct. He was a lone nutter. Nothing to do with
National Action, who were convicted of planning such an atrocity (planning
meaning talking shit to one another which was prosecuted for political gain).
You don't have to be a member of anything to be influenced by the
rhetoric and the sort of views they espouse.
Ian
mechanic
2019-09-26 10:50:23 UTC
An entirely rational act then?
dennis@home
2019-09-26 14:51:36 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Rod Speed
wasn't the person who shot jo cox, a fervent 'brexiter' ..
Nope, just a rabid loony.
I don't normally reply to professional trolls but this should not stand
unchallenged. The killer was a member of a small cell of far right
activists who planned an atrocity, including attacking an MP,
deliberately to further their cause. The other members of the cell have
mainly been charged with being members of an illegal organisation, as
there was said to be insufficient evidence that they helped plan this
specifici murder to charge them in the Jo Cox case. But they had all
planned terrorism. The murder was unrelated to any mental illness.
It wouldn't be the first time people have attacked the side they are on
to generate public sympathy by making it look like their opponents.

Its what boris is doing now in the commons.

I hope he gets caught out the same as Jo's killers were and exposed for
what they are and not what brexiteers claim they were.

It shows the depths brexiteers will sink to by claiming Jo's killer was
a remain supporter when he was a leave supporter.

Brexiteers in the DIY group have proved they are scum.
Peeler
2019-09-26 08:16:20 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:19:54 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by Rod Speed
wasn't the person who shot jo cox, a fervent 'brexiter' ..
Nope, just a rabid loony.
Unlike you??? ROTFLOL
cretin from Oz:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/
Stephen Cole
2019-09-26 06:42:23 UTC
Post by 4mat
wasn't the person who shot jo cox,
a fervent 'brexiter' .. i can't figure out why boris johnson
would say that -- jo cox campaigned, was campaigning strongly,
for remain
Her murderer was a neo - Nazi, not the same at all.
We’ve covered this before, Brian, and you’ve been provided with the
evidence from his own mouth that proves her killer was a fervent Brexiteer,
so it’s a little silly of you to play ignorant here. If the actions of your
Leave fellow travellers make you feel uncomfortable then you should
publicly denounce them and repudiate your shared views. Will you finally do
the decent thing?
Brian Gaff
2019-09-26 06:56:10 UTC
Don't be shy tell us what you really think.
grin
I do not see any statesmen amongst the lot of them, I do however feel that
despite his age, Kenneth Clarke is a very steady person and has always been
honest, even though I do not always agree with him. That was probably why
Boris chucked him out.
Brian
--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
facilitating this dicator.
Roger
2019-09-26 07:11:55 UTC
Post by 4mat
wasn't the person who shot jo cox,
a fervent 'brexiter' .. i can't figure out why boris johnson
would say that -- jo cox campaigned, was campaigning strongly,
for remain
Oddly, the same people who maintain that we should not judge Muslims on basis of actions by ISIS are also maintaining that we should judge Brexiters by the actions of a neo-Nazi.

The response to Jo Cox's murderer should be to resolve differences in parliament, not by violence.
The Todal
2019-09-26 08:33:31 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
I watched the Commons debate from the point after Boris had left. Anna
Soubry's speech was very poignant. Boris has disgraced himself and has
been reproached by people on both sides of the House.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/25/pm-branded-a-disgrace-after-saying-best-way-to-honour-jo-cox-is-to-deliver-brexit
Stephen Cole
2019-09-26 09:16:04 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
Indeed. Whilst I think it’s clear what he’s trying to gain by acting like
this, I do think that there will be unintended consequences that will far
outweigh any benefit he may gain. I mean, it’s very unlikely that he’ll get
the early election he needs (ie, called before no deal is made impossible
by the securing of an extension) but there will be an election at some
point soon and the Tories may well make some hay from the People vs
Parliament narrative he’s laying down. But if a deranged Brexiteer
slaughters another Remain MP on the campaign trail, there’ll be blood on
Boris’ hands.

Aside from the toxic performance last night, it was quite remarkable to see
the Prime Minister essentially begging the Leader Of The Opposition to call
no confidence in the Government. Has such a thing happened before?
Dave Plowman (News)
2019-09-26 10:24:43 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Aside from the toxic performance last night, it was quite remarkable to
see the Prime Minister essentially begging the Leader Of The Opposition
to call no confidence in the Government. Has such a thing happened
before?
He wants an election only in his time scale. So the 31st will come before
a new parliament can do anything about it. If we have an election before
Brexit, TBP will take many votes from the Tories, and Boris toast.

Only a fool would have taken the job as PM at this time. And Boris is
proving to be that more as each day goes on.
--
*I don't believe in astrology. I am a Sagittarius and we're very skeptical.

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Martin Brown
2019-09-26 10:48:35 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Aside from the toxic performance last night, it was quite remarkable to see
the Prime Minister essentially begging the Leader Of The Opposition to call
no confidence in the Government. Has such a thing happened before?
Every cloud has a silver lining. At least he won't need to slip the DUP
another billion pound bung for confidence and supply agreement renewal.

In this topsy-turvy "through the looking glass" world the government is
likely to move a vote of no confidence in itself intending to lose.

It is horrific to watch someone skilled in oratory whip their audience
up into a frenzy. This *is* historically how dictatorships get started.
A demagogue who claims to represent "the people" against parliament...

If we must have a HIGNFY comedian Prime Minister how about Ian Hislop or
Paul Merton. I am sure they would be much more careful with their words.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Incubus
2019-09-26 10:57:38 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
Aside from the toxic performance last night, it was quite remarkable to see
the Prime Minister essentially begging the Leader Of The Opposition to call
no confidence in the Government. Has such a thing happened before?
Every cloud has a silver lining. At least he won't need to slip the DUP
another billion pound bung for confidence and supply agreement renewal.
In this topsy-turvy "through the looking glass" world the government is
likely to move a vote of no confidence in itself intending to lose.
It is horrific to watch someone skilled in oratory whip their audience
up into a frenzy. This *is* historically how dictatorships get started.
A demagogue who claims to represent "the people" against parliament...
Yet, your histrionics aside, that is precisely what he is doing. The cabal of
Remainer MPs working in concert with a partisan speaker certainly don't
represent the people. They have trampled over precedent and we now have the
bizarre situation where the elected government is not being allowed to govern.
That doesn't appear to concern you one bit.
nightjar
2019-09-26 11:20:17 UTC
On 26/09/2019 11:57, Incubus wrote:
Yet, your histrionics aside, that is precisely what he is doing. The cabal of
Remainer MPs working in concert with a partisan speaker certainly don't
represent the people. ...
The polls suggest otherwise:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/remain-55-45-second-referendum-brexit-poll/

and they have done so for quite some time:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-tomorrow-with-the-option-of-accepting-the-governments-brexit-agreement-or-leaving-the-eu-without-a-deal-which-would-you-support-2-3/

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/should-the-united-kingdom-remain-a-member-of-the-european-union-or-leave-the-european-union-asked-after-the-referendum/
Colin Bignell
Incubus
The first one had a sample size of 1,070. I didn't bother looking at the rest.
dennis@home
2019-09-26 15:02:59 UTC
Post by nightjar
[...]
If you understand statistics you will know that a sample size of 1000
gives a good accuracy.
Roger Hayter
2019-09-26 11:24:59 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
We don't elect governments. We elect MPs. And Boris's right to govern
is dependent upon him having a the support of a majority of MPs.
Roger Hayter
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-26 11:42:52 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
I suspect that most people vote for their favourite party, in the hope
that they will end up with the government of their choice. That some of
those MPs are carpet-baggers is a situation that all parties seem
currently to be addressing one way or another as politics settles around
a leave/remain axis. I'm sure you've seen this, which nicely
illustrates the struggle for dominance in the two camps. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election
Incubus
2019-09-26 12:22:45 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
And those elected MPs form a government. Perhaps you've been visiting Todal
for lessons in equivocation.
Post by Roger Hayter
And Boris's right to govern
is dependent upon him having a the support of a majority of MPs.
He is still the Prime Minister and heads up the government. If MPs don't like
that, there are options they can consider such as a vote of confidence or a
General Election.
dennis@home
2019-09-26 15:05:53 UTC
He is still the Prime Minister and heads up the government. If MPs don't like
that, there are options they can consider such as a vote of confidence or a
General Election.
Just wait until an extention is in place and watch boris not want an
election.

He didn't want an election when he prorouged parliament but did when he
thought it would be declare null and void.

Only idiots fall for his antics.
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-26 13:25:41 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
And if he hasn't then they should have a vote of no confidence and an
election because no other person has the confidence of the MPs either.
So we need new MPS.
But turkeys dont vote for christmas and this lot know they are for the
roasting oven.

They are more than usually cuntish in their behaviour
--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan
Norman Wells
2019-09-26 13:34:07 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
Which he doesn't. So, who does? If no-one then we surely have to have
a general election.
Martin Brown
2019-09-26 11:44:48 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
Prime Minister Johnson has *no* mandate to govern after he threw away
his miniscule majority in an even more cavalier manner than May did.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Roger
2019-09-26 12:00:54 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Prime Minister Johnson has *no* mandate to govern after he threw away
his miniscule majority in an even more cavalier manner than May did.
The normal solution to government with no mandate is a vote of no confidence.

This would allow the government to be replaced immediately if an alternative were available.

So why is parliament not doing this?
Incubus
2019-09-26 12:24:11 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
Actually, he does, until such time as a confidence vote or a General Election
says otherwise. The opposition (or rather, the cabal of Remainers) certainly
has no mandate, popular or otherwise.
Martin Brown
2019-09-26 12:49:17 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
He can only hope to pass the most trivial uncontroversial legislation
(if that). He is in effect stuck on a zip-wire and totally impotent. The
opposition parties can cut him down at a time of *their* choosing.

Chances are he won't even be able to get them time off now to go to the
Conservative Party conference in Manchester such is his low standing.

He can bloviate, bluff and bluster all he likes - the opposition just
have to keep their nerve and stone wall until 31/10 goes past. Then they
can deliver the coup de grace. The next election will be very messy.

Not so much dog whistle politics as fog horn politics.

Boris will make it into the record books but for all the wrong reasons.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
abelard
2019-09-26 12:53:21 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:49:17 +0100, Martin Brown
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
and that was a broadcast on behalf of the fascist 'new' labour cult
Norman Wells
But what makes you think he wouldn't win it?
dennis@home
2019-09-26 15:07:56 UTC
Of course they do, they are in the majority.
charles
2019-09-26 11:47:46 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
The Supreme Court said:
. But the longer that Parliament stands prorogued, the greater the risk
that responsible government may be replaced by unaccountable
government: the antithesis of the democratic model.

This is how the Nazis took power in Germany.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
2019-09-26 12:06:32 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
you are getting confused...
the longer they avoid an election...
the longer they tolerate unelected 'judges' to make
political decisions

the government is presently unaccountable time servers
avoiding the democratically expressed will of the people
Precisely correct.
dennis@home
2019-09-26 15:12:31 UTC
8<
you are getting confused...
the longer they avoid an election...
the longer they tolerate unelected 'judges' to make
political decisions
the government is presently unaccountable time servers
avoiding the democratically expressed will of the people
Precisely correct.
Yes as long as you remember boris and co are the government, so I have
to agree with you that they are trying everything they can to avoid
democracy.

The real problem is that quite alot of people choose to believe
something else.
Grik-basturd®™
The Nazis prorogued Parliament???
abelard
2019-09-26 12:20:05 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 05:06:46 -0700, Grik-basturd®™
Post by Grik-basturd®™
Post by charles
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
permanently...well for a thousand years anyways
Peeler
2019-09-26 12:58:57 UTC
Was that really necessary, you troll-feeding, senile asshole?
Grik-basturd®™
Is that your autistic conclusion?
Peeler
2019-09-26 14:24:42 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 06:56:37 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-basturd®™
Post by abelard
permanently...well for a thousand years anyways
Is that your autistic conclusion?
Is that another demonstration of your clinical insanity, dreckserb?
being widely accepted."
MID: <rlMUE.676067$***@usenetxs.com>
charles
2019-09-26 12:48:33 UTC
Post by Grik-basturd®™
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
prorogued is a peculiarly British thing, but they did the German
equivalent.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
2019-09-26 12:54:54 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Grik-basturd®™
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
what? shooting or starving any opponent?
Peeler
2019-09-26 12:57:09 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 05:06:46 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-basturd®™
Post by charles
. But the longer that Parliament stands prorogued, the greater the risk
that responsible government may be replaced by unaccountable
government: the antithesis of the democratic model.
This is how the Nazis took power in Germany.
The Nazis prorogued Parliament???
Kinda! Get an education, pedophilic Retardovic!
"Isn't it time that paedophiles were admitted to the LGBTQ rainbow?
Now that every other sexual deviation seems to have been accommodated?"
MID: <Y8LUE.513827$***@usenetxs.com>
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-26 13:27:51 UTC
Post by Grik-basturd®™
Post by charles
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
I think he means that responsible government was replaced by
unaccountable government, the same model that the EU uses.

Marshall McLuhan
Incubus
Er, for how long was Parliament to be prorogued?
Norman Wells
2019-09-26 13:32:48 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
*And* the opposition is unwilling to remove it or put it to the
electorate to assume power itself.

It's bizarre and unprecedented game playing.
Incubus
2019-09-26 14:57:32 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Incubus
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
It's a political stalemate and it seems to me that the country loses overall,
whichever side you are on in the "Brexit" debate. They, not Boris, have caused
untold damage to democracy in this country.
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-26 09:20:10 UTC
Post by The Todal
I watched the Commons debate from the point after Boris had left. Anna
Soubry's speech was very poignant. Boris has disgraced himself and has
been reproached by people on both sides of the House.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/25/pm-branded-a-disgrace-after-saying-best-way-to-honour-jo-cox-is-to-deliver-brexit
Oddly every single medioa outrlest I have read today - I wouldnt
pollute my brain with the guardian - says the exact opposite.

More fake news?
The Todal
2019-09-26 10:02:45 UTC
Post by The Todal
I watched the Commons debate from the point after Boris had left. Anna
Soubry's speech was very poignant. Boris has disgraced himself and has
been reproached by people on both sides of the House.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/25/pm-branded-a-disgrace-after-saying-best-way-to-honour-jo-cox-is-to-deliver-brexit
Oddly every single medioa outrlest I have read today  - I wouldnt
pollute my brain with the guardian - says the exact opposite.
More fake news?
Yours is fake news. Educate yourself.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/anger-in-commons-as-boris-johnson-tells-mps-to-deliver-brexit-to-stay-safe-q8mrj5s85

Boris Johnson is facing a backlash from parliamentarians and the widower
of Jo Cox for using an extraordinary appearance in the Commons to tell
MPs that they must deliver Brexit in order to be “properly safe”.

Ms Morgan was the first cabinet minister to wade into the row by saying
she knew that Mr Johnson was “aware of and sympathetic about” threats
MPs received because she had “shared with him recently the threats I am
getting”. She added: “But at a time of strong feelings we all need to
remind ourselves of the effect of everything we say on those watching us.”

The former home secretary Amber Rudd took up Mr Johnson’s reply to Ms
Sherriff. “I think it’s wrong,” she said. “I think this approach is both
dishonest and dangerous. Dishonest because there were legitimate
differences of opinion among different MPs, different factions and we
need to find the common ground, and dangerous because it starts to ramp
up people’s behaviour against the MPs and against different people.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7506615/Boris-Johnson-forced-apologise-furious-Commons-speech.html

Boris Johnson could be forced to apologise for his furious Commons
speech amid backlash for his claim the 'best way to honour' murdered MP
Jo Cox 'is to deliver Brexit'

Opposition MPs responded to Mr Johnson's comments by claiming he has 'no
moral compass of any kind' as they claimed he is 'totally unfit for
office'.

Members of Mr Johnson's Cabinet also appeared to express disquiet at the
remarks.

Anger levels then spiked after Labour MP Paula Sheriff said the PM
'should be absolutely ashamed of himself' over his Brexit rhetoric as
she pointed to Ms Cox's commemorative shield which is on the wall in the
Commons chamber.

Ms Sheriff said: 'We stand here under the shield of our departed friend.
Many of us in this place are subject to death threats and abuse every
single day.

'Let me tell the Prime Minister that they often quote his
words—surrender Act, betrayal, traitor—and I, for one, am sick of it.'

She told the PM politicians 'must moderate our language' but he replied:
'I have to say that I have never heard such humbug in all my life.'

He also said the 'best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox, and indeed to
bring this country together, would be, I think, to get Brexit done'
dennis@home
more lies from turnip
Roger Hayter
2019-09-26 08:50:59 UTC
Well, that was quite the spectacle. Whilst I didn't expect any humility or
contrition from Johnson, I was genuinely shocked at the level of bombast
and bluster he rolled out, particularly later in the debate as he responded
to backbenchers.
First of all, his opening tantrum came across terribly, particularly so
when immediately compared to Corbyn's response, which was very much "the
adult in the room" in style. Boris was clearly putting on a show but hasn't
the gravitas to pull off the grandstanding; he just looks like a toff at
the debating society, which is unlikely to pick up many working class
"heartlands" votes.
Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a lot of people in said heartlands
who really love to have a toff to look up to and take their opinions
from. This may seem strange to you and I but it is a real thing.
Roger Hayter
Jim GM4DHJ ...
Toff.... I haven't heard that word for ages..........
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-26 09:18:54 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a lot of people in said heartlands
who really love to have a toff to look up to and take their opinions
from. This may seem stra nge to you and I but it is a real thing.
Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a lot of people in Labour heartlands
who really love to have a complete undeucated lying arsehole to look up
2019-09-26 09:26:51 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 10:18:54 +0100
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Post by Roger Hayter
Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a lot of people in said
heartlands
who really love to have a toff to look up to and take their opinions
from. This may seem stra nge to you and I but it is a real thing.
Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a lot of people in Labour
heartlands who really love to have a complete undeucated lying
arsehole to look up to and take their opinions from. This may seem
strange to you and I but it is a real thing.
Blair won three elections...
The Natural Philosopher
Dave Plowman (News)
2019-09-26 10:19:55 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Most upsetting, though, was the later stages. Deeply troubling though it
was to see the Prime Minister goading Labour backbenchers with the
assassination of Jo Cox, it was the clear relish with which he was setting
about on a pre-decided path to whip-up a fervour against Parliament in
order to carry a foul and toxic momentum into a ”People vs The
Establishment• General Election.
When Red Robbo, etc, whipped up the masses against the establisment at a
meeting with his rhetoric, it was a 'bad thing'. When a public school boy
attempts the same, he is a man of the people. How easily some are fooled.
--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

Moomin
2019-09-26 13:09:54 UTC
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:19:55 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

How easily some are
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
fooled.
Joining the Common Market was one such occasion.