Twitter censorship
2018-01-11 16:37:31 UTC
'One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of
a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don't know they've been
banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they
just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality,
no one is seeing it.'

'What kind of world do we live in where computer engineers are the
gatekeepers of the "way people talk?" This investigation brings forth
information of profound public importance that educates people about how
free they really are to express their views online.'

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/01/11/undercover-video-twitter-engineers-to-ban-a-way-of-talking-through-shadow-banning-algorithms-to-censor-opposing-political-opinions/
7
2018-01-11 16:51:22 UTC
'One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of
a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don't know they've been
banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they
just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality,
no one is seeing it.'
Its old technique and it is called a troll cave.

Trolls in their caves having fun master baiting away all by themselves :)
Vidcapper
2018-01-12 07:39:58 UTC
Post by 7
Post by Incubus
'One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of
a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don't know they've been
banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they
just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality,
no one is seeing it.'
Its old technique and it is called a troll cave.
Trolls in their caves having fun master baiting away all by themselves :)
But sooner or later they are going to ask someone via another means why
they haven't replied, and then the 'shadow ban' will be exposed.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Incubus
2018-01-12 08:55:31 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by 7
Post by Incubus
'One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of
a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don't know they've been
banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they
just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality,
no one is seeing it.'
Its old technique and it is called a troll cave.
Trolls in their caves having fun master baiting away all by themselves :)
But sooner or later they are going to ask someone via another means why
they haven't replied, and then the 'shadow ban' will be exposed.
Apparently, the mods on reddit apply it. You can easily check your
status by creating a second account.
7
2018-01-12 09:39:43 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by 7
Post by Incubus
'One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea
of a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don't know they've
been banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content.
So they just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in
reality, no one is seeing it.'
Its old technique and it is called a troll cave.
Trolls in their caves having fun master baiting away all by themselves :)
But sooner or later they are going to ask someone via another means why
they haven't replied, and then the 'shadow ban' will be exposed.
Apparently, the mods on reddit apply it. You can easily check your
status by creating a second account.
Ah so we must wait for software V2.0 to rectify this.
Trolls master baiting each other in troll caves.

And then version 3.0 - trolls master baiting each other across continents
from their troll caves. I think we already have it - its called an NG.
johnny-knowall
2018-01-12 09:54:05 UTC
Post by 7
Post by Vidcapper
Post by 7
Post by Incubus
[...]
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/son-quit-masturbating-or-
ill-go-blind.jpg

Ned Latham
2018-01-12 00:38:38 UTC
'What kind of world do we live in where computer engineers are the
gatekeepers of the "way people talk?"
A modern one, suited best to the 21st century chemically poisoned natural
and mentally poisoned social environment.