FAQ: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)?
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-20 12:32:45 UTC
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.

However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-02-20 13:00:37 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!

Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?

Now, of course, if he is not in you, if you don't believe in him, then for you he can't exist. What you seek is a material being. What evidence do you have that he can only take the form?
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 13:25:12 UTC
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Now, of course, if he is not in you, if you don't believe in him, then for
you he can't exist. What you seek is a material being. What evidence do you
have that he can only take the form?
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.

You seem to be placing your god on the same level as leprechauns.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-02-20 15:11:03 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for instance.

The people I have described possess faith. Faith is real. It steers people in particular ways. The Good Book has it sussed:

"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, [have total trust in faith] ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 18:3

It takes some chewing over but:

Religion is faith without it there can be no religion or belief and hence no God. Rationality has nothing to do with religion. You are operating at another level or in a a different dimension
Post by johnny-knowall
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.
You can't respectably prove a negative for a start.
And in a sense he is. There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil spirits. So long as that belief persisted they existed in reality or consciousness. Materially of course, they didn't.
Farmer Giles
2018-02-20 15:45:56 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for instance.
The faith might be real, but that does mean that the god is.
Post by johnny-knowall
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.
You can't respectably prove a negative for a start.
That's where 'believers' come unstuck, and where agnostics - like me -
hold the only realistic view. I don't know if god exists, and neither do
they, the difference is that I don't know and admit it, but they claim
that they do - which they don't, they only think they do.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 16:21:57 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to
have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of
reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for
instance.
But no one was asking that question.

They asked if there is verifiable evidence of god, which there is not.
The people I have described possess faith. Faith is real. It steers people in
"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, [have total trust in
faith] ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3
Does that quote sound to you like it was the original text from the entity
which allegedly created heaven and earth, and loves everything?

Do as I say, or you will not get into my big after-life party?
Post by johnny-knowall
You seem to be placing your god on the same level as leprechauns.
And in a sense he is.
And is there any verifiable evidence to show leprechauns exist?

No.
There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil
spirits.
Yes, “used to be”. In other words as humans became more intelligent they
began to discover why things (originally attributable to spirits) happened.

Maybe one day, humans will discover how to create a single cell reproducible
life-form from a soup of organic chemicals?

Where will religious texts stand then?
abelard
2018-02-20 17:22:23 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
[...]
no 'they' didn't...'they' just made up ever more complex reasons

because of 'god' becomes because of 'gravity'
'the creation' become 'the big bang'....

vanity, vanity, all is vanity...ecclesiastes 1:2
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe one day, humans will discover how to create a single cell reproducible
life-form from a soup of organic chemicals?
out of nothing perhaps?
Post by johnny-knowall
Where will religious texts stand then?
just about where they are now
2018-02-20 17:14:43 UTC
And in a sense he is. There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil spirits. So long as that belief persisted they existed in reality or consciousness. Materially of course, they didn't.
the brain is material

so is the world which according to our mad atheist religion
appeared by magic...

just like that!

humans know nothing and atheists know even less
James Hammerton
2018-02-20 21:27:37 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have even died for him. He is in them!
I can certainly verify that millions believe in him, via surveys and
figures on membership of organisations dedicated to believing in him,
and that many "devote their lives to him", even that some have died. But
how do I verify "he is in them"? What does that mean?
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
How can you possibly say he does not exist?
By uttering the phrase "he does not exist"...
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Now, of course, if he is not in you, if you don't believe in him, then for you he can't exist. What you seek is a material being. What evidence do you have that he can only take the form?
If he is an immaterial being, how does one detect his existence?

Regards,

James
--
James Hammerton
http://jhammerton.wordpress.com
http://www.magnacartaplus.com/
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 21:46:11 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some
have even died for him. He is in them!
I can certainly verify that millions believe in him, via surveys and
figures on membership of organisations dedicated to believing in him,
and that many "devote their lives to him", even that some have died. But
how do I verify "he is in them"? What does that mean?
How can you possibly say he does not exist?
By uttering the phrase "he does not exist"...
He might have existed of course. An alien spacecraft happened upon a blue
planet 2000 years ago, only to discover the inhabitants were unbelievably
backward.

So, they parked well above the atmosphere and teleported one of their leaders
here in order to turn him into a deity.

It doesn’t take much really. A few “miracles” and the undermining of a
disliked autocratic government regime were really all they needed.

Give the locals an easy to remember history lesson, and then “death” in a
cruel and painful ordeal seals the deal, after which the instant folk hero
can be teleported back down again just to wow the gullible; before the craft
and its crew bugger off (promising to come back some day) never to be seen
again.
abelard
2018-02-20 13:11:46 UTC
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, "!! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
why?

you have your religion...why should anyone disturb it?
Svenne
2018-02-20 21:54:22 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.

The above limitation is also why science cannot say anything about why
stuff exists and how it came into existence.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 22:02:14 UTC
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist.
Well that rules out black holes for starters.

Maybe god is a black hole?
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.

Who then created the laws of physics?
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:21:46 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist.
Well that rules out black holes for starters.
Much can be said about black holes, they are objects with an event
horizon, so far are the laws of physics applicable. The laws of physics
break down at the singularity.
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe god is a black hole?
No, a black hole is an object with an event horizon that exists in the
universe. The singularity is somewhat more tricky.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.
Science cannot say anything about why stuff came into existence, only
that it did so. Science can only say how it works after it came into
existence.
Post by johnny-knowall
Who then created the laws of physics?
That is something that science cannot explain. Science can only be
concerned with things that are subject to its laws.
John Baker
2018-02-20 22:29:48 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
Ted
LOL.
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:31:48 UTC
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to provide
evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Ted
2018-02-20 22:38:49 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You do,
right?
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:43:28 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Ted
2018-02-21 00:09:53 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Sorry.