Derbyshire Police
Mark Devon
2021-01-09 08:48:13 UTC
Derbyshire Police...well done again! That's it, go off to beauty spots for a nice day out with your cars and drones and target walkers, rather than get stuck into the druggy estates of Nottingham. Twits, pathetic police.
Mark Devon
2021-01-09 10:44:59 UTC
Exactly. And well done Priti and BonZo as well....you're their bosses.
Mark Devon
2021-01-09 10:53:59 UTC
Exactly. And well done Priti and BonZo as well....you're their bosses.>>
Precisely. It seems to me that much of the last year and already on several issues this year, FOUR consecutive Tory governments have shown us what we, the fifth richest country in the world, CANNOT actually do properly.
Pamela
Socking?
Mark, Devon
It's interestingly coincidental that the police apologised to the walkers when the news of BonZo's seven mile bike ride broke.
Mark, Devon
All this talk about what's local, what's exercise, what's a picnic etc......lots of distractions there, TOTALLY UNNECESSARY DISTRACTIONS...the point is the police (and others) should be encouraging distancing, washing hands, wearings masks. No daft family/friends gatherings above the limits. That's it.
Pamela
I do agree. I was wondering why you were replying to yourself.
Mark, Devon
2021-01-13 00:03:24 UTC
I do agree. I was wondering why you were replying to yourself.>>
I thought I was alone.
Mark, Devon
2021-01-13 08:33:29 UTC
I do agree.>>
So, now we have a change in language from daft Priti...."our selfless police officers" etc....what a load of tosh. Police officers are no more selfless than anyone else. Load of government nonsense, yet again. Priti trying to show how she's a people-person when, in reality, dithering BonZo should have ditched her ages ago.
Mark, Devon
2021-01-12 02:59:52 UTC
Exactly. Excellent point.
Mark, Devon
2021-01-12 06:50:22 UTC
So, the cops have now 'apologised' .......they should do more than just apologise to the walkers. FFS....what a load of idiots. These coppers are doing NOTHING to gain respect from the public by these ridiculous actions. Now, once and for all, Derbyshire Police (and others).....policing is NOT about poncing around targetting socially-distancing walkers in the countryside and playing around with drones all day, thinking you're being smart or clever. Get inton the hard estates, where parties are going on, the druggie homes, the socially-dysfunctional families, like the Scummings'.
Mark, Devon
2021-01-12 08:32:44 UTC
Now, I don't have a problem with BonZo going for a seven mile cycle ride, none at all.....socially distancing and all that. But it's the absolute hypocrisy of the situation.....he goes for a seven mile cycle ride in LONDON, while the Derbyshire Police target two innocent walkers in the countryside and, initially, fine them. Pathetic Priti and BonZo.
True Blue
2021-01-13 09:56:28 UTC
Perhaps they left that job to....errr....Nottinghamshire Police?
Mark, Devon
2021-01-13 10:34:31 UTC
I expect so. But the point is....police should be tackling the areas of maximum and most dangerous transmissability - and that's NOT in the countryside.....it's in confined spaces. That's where the police should be concentrating their efforts, rather than being pathetic and targeting innocent walkers in parks. This antagonises the public, and is wasting police time and resources.
Mark, Devon
2021-03-14 04:33:21 UTC
Of Clapham.....

<<Figures from across the political divide united in criticism, with Tory MPs among those who condemned the Met’s approach as “appalling”. Ed Davey, the Liberal Democrat leader, called on Dick to resign. “This was a complete, abject, tactical and moral failure on the part of the police,” he said in a letter to the commissioner. “We therefore call on you to consider your leadership of the service.”

Patel said that some of the footage circulating online from the vigil was “upsetting”, adding she had asked the Met for “a full report on what happened”. Khan said he was “urgently seeking an explanation”.>>
Even some Tories now want Cressida Dick to go. Meanwhile BonZo remains silent....she has his full support.
The police, in particular, have acted quite appallingly during the last year, on several occasions. Disgusting, lazy.
Cressida Dick should go.
Col
2021-03-14 08:34:21 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
[...]
Nobody would have complained had an illegal party been broken up in such
a manner, indeed the police would probably have been commended for their
actions. You either have these restrictions or you don't and if you do
then such gatherings should expect to be broken up, whatever they happen
to be for.
Col
Mark, Devon
The actions of the police during this pandemic have been shocking...walkers in the Peak District miles from anywhere filmed by drones, other walkers in parks, Priti praising them every chance she gets, and many other incidents. It's not really the police officers I blame....it's the leadership.
Mark, Devon
2021-03-14 10:38:23 UTC
And as for Irresponsible Santa BonZo and Scummings.
Col
2021-03-14 11:28:25 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Post by Col
Post by Mark, Devon
[...]
Whilst I agree that there have been times when the police response has
been disproportionate & heavy-handed, what happened at the Clapham
Common vigil wasn't one of those instances. The 'official' vigil had
been called off, but they decided to hold it anyway, in complete
defiance of the current restrictions, they knew full well what they were
doing was illegal. Had this been a similarly sized gathering of young
people at an outdoor rave or whatever they would have been roundly
condemned as irresponsible, branded 'Covidiots' and the like. But where
is the condemnation of these women? Surely it's the same thing, just a
different purpose of the gathering. Seems to me there's a good dose of
double standards going on here.
Col
JNugent
2021-03-14 12:11:36 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Mark, Devon
[...]
...is the correct answer.

The virus doesn't decide whom to infect, or, indeed, whom to kill, based
on its assessment of whether the person concerned meant well.

And in any case, what possible good could the demonstration have done?
No-one disagrees with the POV that all citizens have the right to go
about their business without being threatened, harrassed, robbed,
abducted, assaulted, injured or murdered.
Pancho
2021-03-14 14:43:12 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Col
Nobody would have complained had an illegal party been broken up in
such a manner, indeed the police would probably have been commended
for their actions.
I would have complained, if I could have worked up the energy.
Post by JNugent
Post by Col
You either have these restrictions or you don't and
if you do then such gatherings should expect to be broken up, whatever
they happen to be for...
Alternatively you advise restrictions, hoping it will influence people
to be safer, very few of us actually follow the letter of the restrictions.

I have very little idea what the rules actually are. We knew from early
on government ministers and Sage epidemiologists took much the same
laissez-faire attitude to the rules.
Post by JNugent
...is the correct answer.
The virus doesn't decide whom to infect, or, indeed, whom to kill, based
on its assessment of whether the person concerned meant well.
And in any case, what possible good could the demonstration have done?
No-one disagrees with the POV that all citizens have the right to go
about their business without being threatened, harrassed, robbed,
abducted, assaulted, injured or murdered.
When victimhood entitles people to status, privilege, it is only natural
that the intelligent, middle class, the already privileged, will want to
have a share of victimhood, in order to claim even more privilege.

Clearly the success of BLM and the tenuous link of a policeman doing the
killing was too much for these posh ladies to resist. I see even Kate
Middleton made an appearance (like she has a clue?).
Mark, Devon
2021-03-15 04:46:27 UTC
Cressida Dick should go.
Another thing about the 'Sarah case' has been the amazing amount of resources that have been thrown at it....hundreds of police working 24/7 etc etc. There are more serious issues in the city that I do not believe are tackled anywhere like as seriously....every other week you hear of stabbings and shootings etc.....are hundreds of police going into the areas that are difficult to police? (for every single murder, for instance?). Yet here we have a white woman who has died, middle class, well connected...the police and the media have been all over it, almost instantly. Even after the arrest of the cop they still had hundreds of police all over it. One has to ask just how 'proportional' is all this? How much further evidence is actually needed? In this I am making a comparison with other crime. Unless there is some suggestion the arrested cop is a 'serialer' what's going on here? In the hard areas of policing, the rough estates, the druggy areas, the dangerous for the police areas.....the police have disappeared off the scene. But you get a safe case, where there is no danger for the police, like this......and they're all over it, with MASSIVE manpower. The cop was arrested days ago, clearly with strong evidence, so no further danger to the public......yet the gangs still go on, with imminent danger to the public.
There are some serious questions to be asked of the police about all this.
Mark, Devon
2021-03-15 08:07:38 UTC
The other aspect in all this is regarding a police officer who (apparently) was facing a claim of indecent exposure several days before Sarah disappeared.
What actions were taken immediately upon notification of the claim, and were these actions the right actions? (not saying either way...just suggesting that there are important questions here).
Pancho
2021-03-15 09:30:58 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
The other aspect in all this is regarding a police officer who (apparently) was facing a claim of indecent exposure several days before Sarah disappeared.
What actions were taken immediately upon notification of the claim, and were these actions the right actions? (not saying either way...just suggesting that there are important questions here).
I'm not sure that indecent exposure is that strong an indicator of
likelihood to commit a serious sexual assault. Yes, it implies some
increased risk, but not to a level that justifies immediate severe
action against alleged offenders.

A bit like speeding motorists, yes they do pose some increased risk of
subsequently killing people through their dangerous driving, but you
can't ban or lock them all up.
JNugent
2021-03-15 12:28:16 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
The other aspect in all this is regarding a police officer who (apparently) was facing a claim of indecent exposure several days before Sarah disappeared.
What actions were taken immediately upon notification of the claim, and were these actions the right actions? (not saying either way...just suggesting that there are important questions here).
Have you thought of asking the police (or perhaps getting your MP to ask
them for you)?

It is unlikely that anyone reading your post has first-hand details of
what has happened following an allegation of indecent exposure, in this
case or any other.
JNugent
2021-03-15 12:26:39 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Cressida Dick should go.
Where?
Post by Mark, Devon
Another thing about the 'Sarah case' has been the amazing amount of resources that have been thrown at it....hundreds of police working 24/7 etc etc. There are more serious issues in the city that I do not believe are tackled anywhere like as seriously....every other week you hear of stabbings and shootings etc.....are hundreds of police going into the areas that are difficult to police? (for every single murder, for instance?).
You are right on one thing: London is a hellhole with unbelievable
numbers of casual murders and murderous attacks.

There are some people who won't accept that.

Yet here we have a white woman who has died, middle class, well
connected...the police and the media have been all over it, almost
instantly. Even after the arrest of the cop they still had hundreds of
police all over it. One has to ask just how 'proportional' is all this?

With a murder (any murder), it is important to er... get sufficient
*evidence* for a prosecution.

Te instant case is more complicated than you might "think", involving
locations spread across two counties and two police force areas.
Post by Mark, Devon
How much further evidence is actually needed?
Enough to convict and not to allow a clever lawyer to pick a loophole in
the case, of course. That is true for any murder.
Post by Mark, Devon
In this I am making a comparison with other crime. Unless there is some suggestion the arrested cop is a 'serialer' what's going on here?
They're investigating the crime, making sure that the case is watertight.
I'm sorry to hear that you live on one of those estates. Bad luck.
Col
2021-03-15 15:19:55 UTC
Post by Pancho
Alternatively you advise restrictions, hoping it will influence people
to be safer, very few of us actually follow the letter of the restrictions.
Very true, not least keeping 2m away from everybody else. But this was a
large gathering and they knew full well it was illegal and liable to be
dispersed and indeed under threat of arrests being made.
It's not like sneaking a 3rd person onto your park bench when nobody's
looking.
Col
abelard
2021-03-14 14:06:05 UTC
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 20:33:21 -0800 (PST), "Mark, Devon"
Post by Mark, Devon
[...]
emotion rools the rool of law

you should go live in some area where there are
no policemen to protect you silly snowflakes

mexico or jamaica or china or venezuela or burma seem to be options
Joe
2021-03-14 15:20:59 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
[...]
Or Portland, or Seattle, or New York, or...
2021-03-14 16:17:51 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
[...]
sounds like a reason to confine the epsilons to live in the towns

while the civilized build societies outside