Let's talk Revolution (lessons from Russia)
2019-10-31 19:36:03 UTC
Revolutionaries seek to change the social arrangements, the rules within
the society, while spiritual / religious enthusiasts seek to change the
society through changes within the human mind.
This is a personal revolution as much as it is a social revolution. I say the jungle makes the monkey, not the other way around. However there must be bananas and freedom in the jungle. In Cuba, for example, both commodities are in short supply. However in capitalism you may find yourself sitting in a cage, afraid to come out. That's the way it is in Miami.
What is more necessary for a creation of the nice community you have
described above? A change of rules / orders or a change of people's mind
and their instincts? It seems dialectical.
I take care of the mind, though some people are mindless. They are survivors in capitalism or communism.
Revolutionaries tend to idealize people and underestimate inner human
vices while the spiritual activists tend to abuse 'conservative' social
position and disregard for social justice.
There are many species in the jungle. You can not make everybody happy, but obviously there's some "human nature" we can all agree on. For example, mobility is part of human nature but sitting around is not.
And when [slightly] different kinds of revolutionaries and activists have
to compete on the same field, there may be a hot intraspecific struggle
among them, which can bring even more evil than good for the society.
Only if the revolution is centered about a leader and not an idea. The Russian revolution could have been different under Trotsky but he was most unlucky. My revolution is strongly influenced by George Orwell, so I'm well aware of the dangers within.
Talking about models, if I say Moscow is a model city with safe traffic,
parks and walkable sidewalks, nobody can come up with something like Miami.
https://twitter.com/tibetan_monkey/status/1176205220159918082?s=20
(follow the link if you may)
Moscow isn't the only, there're many other nice cities in Russia.
Good to know. I wonder where are the nice cities in America. I may move there myself.

#GoBananaRevolution

THE JUNGLE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/export?format=pdf
2019-11-01 18:23:49 UTC
We must motivate the people so they see much fun it will be...

Definitely this is a weapon the way music was used against the Soviet Union. Music is a weapon too, of course.
2019-11-03 08:03:20 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
We must motivate the people so they see much fun it will be...
https://media.giphy.com/media/jTHmMRsgbhZuYVr3l2/giphy.gif
Definitely this is a weapon the way music was used against the Soviet Union. Music is a weapon too, of course.
I find capitalism absolutely depressing unless you have a quality park like Gorky Park. I also expect the homeless not to occupy the park and the water fountains to work. The idea that comes to my mind from capitalism is not fun but depression and impotence.

https://imgflip.com/gif/3f0wif

And very importantly, you must be able to walk or ride a bike to the park.
2019-11-04 16:24:39 UTC
When I'm frustrated with no particular place to go with my bike, I turn to this video. It's refreshing and liberating.

I have one or two routes left and it's still playing Russian roulette.
2019-11-06 18:47:47 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
When I'm frustrated with no particular place to go with my bike, I turn to this video. It's refreshing and liberating.
http://youtu.be/LrLXuc57-cM
I have one or two routes left and it's still playing Russian roulette.
I disabled all alerts on my phone, including presidential emergencies, because if we are in danger of missiles coming this way, we've been looking for it. Pray to Jesus it doesn't happen.
2019-11-07 15:54:00 UTC
Proud people keep a city clean and green. Moscow offers a quality of life we don't have in America. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2019-11-09 16:46:46 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
Proud people keep a city clean and green. Moscow offers a quality of life we don't have in America. Correct me if I'm wrong.
http://youtu.be/GDDHYH-OlEk
Another walking tour of Moscow. Maybe Canada is clean and safe like this. Not in America.

2019-11-09 20:37:53 UTC
And the best city in #Europe may be... #Moscow. Why exactly do we impose #sanctions on Russia?

https://versus.com/en/berlin-vs-moscow