Dodgy Dave
Farmer Giles
2024-04-04 21:35:38 UTC
Dodgy Dave, our unelected and imposed-upon-us Foreign Secretary - and
AKA, according to the leader of the resident idiots here, 'The best
Prime Minister since Churchill' - has been caught out again.

No, this time it's nothing to do with interfering with dead porkies -
although 'porkies' are very much involved - for 'call me Dave' has shown
himself to be very much a 'Friend of Israel' to the extent of telling
great big whoppers on their behalf.

Not that they need it, of course, having recently given more than ample
evidence that when it comes to telling fibs they have an abundant
ability in that department.

So much of a friend of Israel, although alas not a friend of Britain,
that he has gone to great lengths to hide the truth about the breaking
of international laws and war crimes while at the same time putting this
country once again on the wrong side of history and guilty of complicity
in these appalling and shameful crimes against humanity.
Farmer Giles
2024-04-09 16:11:23 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
I see that the corrupt bastard is now over in the US trying to drum up
support for more bombs for Ukraine. The creep couldn't be more
transparent if he tried.

I'm sure he's being well rewarded, and no wonder Babbelard loves him.
Pancho
The thing is, who is better than Dave?
Farmer Giles
Someone honest - which probably rules out most politicians.
Pancho
2024-04-09 18:18:18 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
I'm not convinced about honesty. I think Corbyn was relatively honest,
but he made a bad leader. I think May was too honest, and the country
paid the price.

I rather admired Boris, clearly a liar, but he played the political game
well, prior to the 2019 election, he did what need to be done. I think
the tragedy of Boris was that he was too successful in the Brexit campaign.
Farmer Giles
Honesty is a requirement for a good and decent leader, but not the only one.
Pancho
2024-04-13 11:40:27 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
I see Harold Wilson was in the news this week for having an affair with
a young woman from his support staff. Joe Haines referred to Wilson
being habitually “indirect”.

So, I'm just wondering what a good and decent leader looks like? Have we
ever had one? If not, why not?
JNugent
2024-04-13 12:30:46 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
Despite their party affiliations, I'd say that Wilson and Callaghan
weren't so bad on the "decency" index. Same for John Major. And
MacMillan and Douglas-Home, of course.

Who cares about any beans spilled nearly fifty years after the event?

Certainly not I.
Joe
2024-04-13 13:01:03 UTC
On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 12:40:27 +0100
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
Because good and decent people don't get selected as Parliamentary
candidates. Only people the party whips can control are selected.

And good and decent people, should they somehow arrive in Parliament,
have too much self-respect to do the crawling and back-stabbing
necessary to climb the greasy pole, as Yes Minister put it.

They're also mostly lawyers, who have spent their careers lying for
money.
Joe
Farmer Giles
2024-04-13 15:38:10 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
I'm not sure that Joe Haines could always be trusted to be entirely
objective about things. Wilson had his flaws, but on the decency index
would be head and shoulders above anything we've had for many years.

I have always regarded James Callaghan as a decent man, and very much
underrated as a leader. I would be hard pressed to think of many, or
any, others that would qualify.

Most people base their perceptions of political leaders on what is
reported in the dishonest media. Churchill has generally had a good
press, but Roosevelt's description of him is nearer the truth - he often
referred to him as 'that drunken bum'.

Incubus
2024-04-10 10:45:11 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
I was reading about Ukrainian refugees travelling back to the Ukraine in
order to get dental work done. It's a bit like all the "refugees" we
have from Afghanistan, Somalia etc. who travel back to their homeland
even while waiting to be given refugee status.

It's also funny how our media constantly talks about the threat of the
"far right" yet are quite happy for Ukrainian neo Nazis to receive
funding, weapons and ammunition.

"Peacekeeping" - it's okay when we do it but not okay for Russia.
abelard
2024-04-12 17:28:29 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
you seem confused

what do you 'understand' by nazi....short for national socialist
i'll refer tothe definition of mosely

“The National Socialist creed of British Union says to our countrymen,
‘If you love our country you are national, and if you love our people
you are socialist’.”
[Quoted from Tomorrow we live - British Union Policy, 1938, the
manifesto of the British Union Party]
Post by Incubus
"Peacekeeping" - it's okay when we do it but not okay for Russia.
russia...allies of national socialist germany until adolf decided
he wanted a bigger empire

please clarify your comments
Incubus
2024-04-10 10:40:00 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
Just imagine if the UK, US et al stopped funding the apartheid state.
It would collapse within a generation or two and the other middle
eastern countries would be at each others' throats.

Of course, that won't happen because said apartheid state has installed
a sizeable lobby in each country that it controls.
Farmer Giles
2024-04-10 12:38:46 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
Indeed, and as you well know, there is also the control of the money
supply.
abelard
2024-04-12 17:58:09 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
Just imagine if the UK, US et al stopped funding the apatheid state.
It would collapse within a generation or two and the other middle
eastern countries would be at each others' throats.
Of course, that won't happen because said apartheid state has installed
a sizeable lobby in each country that it controls.
stalin tried to set up apartheid states throughout his socialist
empire...eg sending ukrainian speakers to the ukraine
and similar acts all around his empire

he also sought to starve millions in the ukraine...look up holodamor

meanwhile my impression was that your ambitions are similar in
avoiding 'multiculturism'

again, please clarify your ambitions
Farmer Giles
2024-04-12 21:11:29 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
Why don't you clarify yours, you despicable snake in the grass.