if you removed the sin tax from internal flights...and made the aircraft
abelard
2020-01-16 22:46:22 UTC
operators to charge the sin tax...and keep it....the price to
customers
would not change

the only change would be to government revenues
www.abelard.org
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-01-16 22:51:27 UTC
Post by abelard
operators to charge the sin tax...and keep it....the price to
customers
would not change
the only change would be to government revenues
It wouldn't discourage the proles from flying, though, which I expect is
the whole point.
abelard
2020-01-16 23:49:57 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by abelard
operators to charge the sin tax...and keep it....the price to
customers
would not change
the only change would be to government revenues
It wouldn't discourage the proles from flying, though, which I expect is
the whole point.
if it won't discourage them, then there is no ecological point
in the taxes

however, the idea of a disincentive that doesn't disincentivise
is a concept that doesn't convince me!

i'm sure jo sixpack would be off to lanzarote six times year
if the flights were free...even more if there was free
booze
www.abelard.org
Dan S. MacAbre
2020-01-16 23:58:29 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by abelard
operators to charge the sin tax...and keep it....the price to
customers
would not change
the only change would be to government revenues
It wouldn't discourage the proles from flying, though, which I expect is
the whole point.
if it won't discourage them, then there is no ecological point
in the taxes
however, the idea of a disincentive that doesn't disincentivise
is a concept that doesn't convince me!
i'm sure jo sixpack would be off to lanzarote six times year
if the flights were free...even more if there was free
booze
I may have misunderstood your OP :-) I thought you were making a
suggestion. Perhaps you are questioning something that someone else has
already suggested?
CheeseySock
2020-01-17 22:22:56 UTC
operators to charge the sin tax...and keep it....the price to customers
would not change
the only change would be to government revenues
if you could audit it to make sure they spent it on engine maintenance so
they do not spill out so much vapour/pollutant then that sounds
reasonable...

as it is...

government gets it as tax they will give themselves a payrise and employ
some more chums

airline gets it as surcharge they will give themselves a payrise and
employ some more chums